Get up, get out

 Song of the day;;

→ Gregory Alan Isakov - Big Black Car


You were a phonograph, I was a kid

I sat with an ear close, just listening

Was there when the rain tapped her way down your face

You were a miracle, I was just holding your space

Hmm


Well, time has a way of throwing it all in your face

The past, she is haunted, the future is laced

Heartbreak, you know, drives a big black car

I swear I was in the back seat, just minding my own

Hmm


And through the glass, the corn crows come like rain

They won't stay, they won't stay

For too long now

This could be all that we know

Of love and all


Well, you were a dancer and I was a rag

The song in my head, well, was all that I had

Hope was a letter I never could send

Well, love was a country we couldn't defend

Hmm, hmm


Through the carnival we watch them go 'round and 'round

All we knew of home was just a sunset and some clowns

Oh


Well, you were a magazine, I was a plain Jane

Just walking the sidewalks and covered in rain

Love to just get out of some of your stories

Me, all of my plain Jane glory

Just me and all of my plain Jane glory

--

Kohta Euroviisujen eka semi! Toivottavasti irtoaa finaalipaikka. Huomenna tatuointiaika!!

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

meitsin lempijutut, osa 4

Wake me

Out of the cold